Who We Are
The Rag is one of London’s most prestigious private clubs with a military heritage – welcoming members from across the globe, all walks of life and from both military and non-military backgrounds. Military membership is open to anyone who holds, or has held, a commission in the British Armed Forces, including Reserve Forces and the Commonwealth. We are proud to offer both Military and Non-Military membership of the club, with special rates for those under 29 and over 75 years old.
The club has 75 en-suite bedrooms and two suites, a fine dining restaurant, a modern brasserie and two bars, including one with a glorious outdoor terrace. The benefits of Membership are many and diverse:
• Accommodation for a relaxing and comfortable stay in the heart of town (singles from £110 Mon-Thu, £85 on weekends)
• Newly refurbished Business Suite with laptop bar, private pods, library-style desks and self-serve pantry with complimentary drinks and healthy snacks daily, as well as secure Wi-Fi and a range of e-newspaper and magazines
• Access to The Coffee Room (Mon-Fri) with weekly carving trolley, curry club and seasonal wine pairing menu
• Private spaces to host meetings, seminars and events at competitive member rates
• A dedicated Events Team to create memorable occasions with fine food and excellent wine in a stylish setting
• An engaging Member Events programme including distinguished guest speakers, cultural salons, networking and dinners
• The option to host guests in the Club for drinks, dining and Member Events
• A carefully curated and dynamic wine programme, including tastings and dinners with Davy’s Wine Merchants
• Complimentary access to the Nordic Health St James’s Gym with swimming pool, sauna and spa
• Sporting Clubs including the Fly Fishers Association, Roving Shooting Syndicate and Sailing Team
• Evening and weekend access to St James’s Square with private picnics and Tri-Club Events throughout the year
• Access to over 120 carefully selected private reciprocal clubs worldwide, with over 10 in the UK
• Exclusive member discounts on purchases from local retailers in Mayfair and St James’s
We offer organisations looking for a prestigious Club in St James’s a place to entertain clients, host business meetings and stay in overnight accommodation at excellent rates in the heart of town. For more information, please contact the Membership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Do I Need to Apply?
If you already have friends or contacts who are Members of the Club to act as your Proposer and Seconder, please download the following forms for them to complete in support of your application. You can either upload the forms when applying online, or send them to the Membership Team: email@example.com.
Those without known Proposers and Seconders can provide references from two persons of appropriate standing: Commissioned Officers of rank Lt Cdr/ Major/Sqn Ldr or above; those filling public office in the Lieutenancy, Judiciary, Magistracy, Parliament or Devolved Administrations; Civil Servants and public employees of Grade 5/Deputy Director or above; certified members of the ‘trusted’ professions, e.g. solicitor, barrister, chartered accountant, actuary, or doctor; peers and baronets; and senior executives of public limited companies. The Club reserves the right to follow up all such references. If you are applying in this way, you will also need to provide a short CV to support your application. You can either upload the references when applying online, or send them to the Membership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be part of the Rag community and enjoy a home-from-home here at 36 Pall Mall, start your membership journey today!
Please have either your Proposer and Seconder Statements OR your two references and CV, as well as a profile picture (optional), ready to upload in part two of the online process. If you would prefer to share documents at a later stage via email, please tick the box to skip this in part two of the process.
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact the Membership Team: email@example.com.