Since we re-opened on 4th July, we have been welcoming members back to the Clubhouse to drink, dine, stay and celebrate once again. The feedback received so far indicates that we have struck the right balance, and that the Club remains a safe home-from-home in the heart of town.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU…
As it has always been, the safety and security of our members and staff remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues. The Club has developed a “SafeStay” programme to introduce a new standard of cleanliness and disinfection, ensuring members and guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay with us.
Developed with experts from BSI cleaning system and trusted brands for safely disinfecting surfaces, the SafeStay programme builds upon the Club’s already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use.
• Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms
• Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
• Guest-accessible sanitising gel at entrances and high traffic areas
• Reduced paper amenities (like menus, pads and guest directories) in rooms
• Enhanced cleaning & other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
• OC1500 Natural Cleaner machine implemented to sanitise all areas of the club.
• Enhanced Team Member safety and wellbeing with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
• Response team activated to provide around-the-clock assistance at the Club and prepared to act swiftly should there be a suspected case of coronavirus on the premises
Please note that the card swipe has been deactivated. This is for your safety so that the Porter can control members and guests entering and exiting the building.
• Ribbon Bar & Terrace
• Drawing Room
• Ian Jacob Bar
• Business Centre
• Smoking Room
• The Coffee Room
· Must be worn upon entry and when moving around the Clubhouse
· Members can remove them when settled in the bars, restaurants and shared spaces, including the Business Centre, Ian Jacob Bar and Drawing Room
· All staff will wear either a face covering or visor for the safety of all
· Face coverings are available to purchase from reception
Drinking and Dining
· We can take table bookings for up to six guests from different households in the Coffee Room and Ribbon Bar – please book in advance via the website or by email email@example.com
· Face coverings can be removed once seated
· Table service only is in operation in the Coffee Room and Ribbon Bar
Members do not currently need to book in advance for the Smoking Room where bell service is in operation
New Closing Times
From Thursday 24th September, our restaurants and bars will need to close at 10pm both to in house guests and restaurant guests.
Last booking 8.15pm
Last orders 8.30pm
Last booking 8.45pm
Last food orders 9pm
Last drinks orders 9.30pm
Last drinks orders 9.30pm
All member areas, including the Smoking Room and Drawing Room, will be closed from 10pm
Introducing Online Food Ordering:
To help keep you safe, we are now offering online food ordering in the Drawing Room, Ian Jacob Bar and In-Room. Ordering and payment is made easy through the online food ordering service. Simply scan the QR code or visit the website here. The QR code is displayed throughout the Clubhouse for ease.
We can continue to take business meeting bookings for up to 30 guests in the Drawing Room and Pall Mall Room and can host smaller meetings in the Nelson Room, Wellington Room, Clive Room and Library. For enquiries and to book, please call 020 7827 8079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can host weddings for up to 15 guests with ceremonies taking place in either the Library or Drawing Room. Our exclusive wedding packages include the ceremony, seated reception and wedding breakfast and we offer bespoke touches for a truly personal and unforgettable experience with friends and loved ones.
For more information and enquiries, please call our Events Manager, Tamzin Highams, on 0207 827 8079 or email email@example.com.
If the information above does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 020 7827 8029 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org