As it has always been, the safety and security of our members and staff remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We will continue to update this page with the latest information regularly.
Health and Hygiene – Updated as of 26th May 2020
The Rag has developed a SafeStay program that will introduce a new standard of cleanliness and disinfection to ensure members enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay.
The SafeStay programme has been developed with experts from BSI cleaning system and trusted brands for safely disinfecting surfaces.
The Rag’s SafeStay builds upon the Club’s already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene, where hospital-grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols are currently in use. The programme will feature trusted cleaning products, solutions and training. The program includes:
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches, door handles, remote controls and telephones
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible Sanitizing Gel at entrances and high traffic areas
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Enhanced Team Member safety and wellbeing with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
The SafeStay programme is currently in operation at The Rag Club.
Current Health and Hygiene Standards – Updated as of 26th May 2020
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the effects of COVID-19, we have taken additional measures at our Club today, developed in consultation with local public health authorities (including the WHO), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our staff are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including corridors, lifts, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers
We have activated a response team to provide around-the-clock assistance at the Club and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus on the premises.
For more information, please send an email, including your membership details and contact number, to SafeStay@armynavyclub.co.uk and a member of the Management Team will be in touch.
If you are returning to work in central London over the coming weeks and are looking for accommodation for either long term or regular stays, we are now taking bookings for Resident Stays. Allow us to provide a safe home-from-home in the heart of the capital with competitive rates, excellent in-room dining and deli-style catering options, business centre access with social distancing measures in place and on-site parking for a door-to-door commute. To discuss your Resident Stay requirements and to book, please email SafeStay@therag.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch.
Bars & Restaurants
Due to COVID-19, the Club’s restaurants and bars are currently closed in accordance with government guidelines. We will notify members as soon as they re-open and look forward to welcoming you back in due course.